[cfe-dev] Precompiled header without prefix header ?

fab fabiensanglard.net at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 12:44:33 PDT 2013

I am working on a cross-platform codebase on Clang/MacOS X that is also
compiled with Visual Studio on Windows and GCC on Linux.

The source code headers always include "precomp_common.h" at the top of each
header files. But according to the Clang documentation
(http://clang.llvm.org/docs/UsersManual.html#usersmanual-precompiled-headers)
Clang will NOT use the PCH in this case and no speed up will be performed
since it was not include via "- include".

Using Clang it seems the only way is to perform a conditional include:

1.
#ifndef __clang__
   #include "precomp_common.h"
#endif

2. Add "precomp_common.h" to the prefix header via -include option.

I wonder if there is a "cleaner" way to do it.