[cfe-dev] clang trunk: extern "C"/static problem

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 23:06:48 PDT 2013

> Personally, I think this basically kills the idea of treating these as overloadable, although I suppose you could try to hook it in to attribute((used)) if you *really* want to maintain that.

I would prefer not to. I think we should decide whether or not to give
language linkage to internal functions and variables and let the rest
follow. The one hack that I think could be used as a compromise is
special casing the mangling of non overloaded static functions if
someone can suggest a convenient way of implementing it.

If we do go the gcc way and give these functions and variables
language linkage, can someone volunteer to push this into the
standard?

> John.

Thanks,
Rafael