[cfe-dev] Question on where to start contributing to Clang static analyzer

Anna Zaks ganna at apple.com
Thu Mar 14 11:07:09 PDT 2013

Hi Brian,

Great to hear that you are interested in working on the analyzer.

In addition to Jordan's suggestions, you could also work on productizing the SimpleStreamChecker, or rather rewriting StreamChecker along the lines of SimpleStreamChecker.

Currently, we have 2 alpha stream checkers. StreamChecker has some flaws and, thus, is not turned on by default. SimpleStreamChecker does follow the main checker writer principles, but was only written for the talk; because of it we want to keep the SimpleStreamChecker very simple and small. So, we have no stream checker turned on by default. It would be good if someone rewrote the StreamChecker using SimpleStreamChecker as guidance. We'd also need to evaluate it on real code and polish the diagnostics.

Cheers,
Anna.