[cfe-dev] CVR qualifiers not being removed

Vane, Edwin edwin.vane at intel.com
Tue Mar 12 07:37:11 PDT 2013

I have this statement:

const MyType *D = new MyType;

I would expect ASTContext::hasSameUnqualifiedType(VarDecl->getType(), NewExpr->getType()) to return true but it doesn't. I've tried manually to strip off the const qualifier with various other member functions of QualType and Type with no luck. It seems the Type::CanonicalType has the const baked in and every 'get-unqualified' function just returns that internal canonical type with the const stuck in there. Clearly my mental model of how this works is broken. Can someone sort me out?

--
Edwin Vane
  Software Developer