[cfe-dev] Static Analyzer - symbolic expressions in a program

Ryan Govostes rzg at apple.com
Thu Mar 7 19:59:56 PST 2013

Hi Shweta,

Please find attached a preliminary version of my patch. I am curious to hear from you how well it works.

The STP-based constraint manager is implemented as a plug-in which lives in clang/tools/smt-constraint-manager/. There is a README file in that directory that explains how to build and use the plug-in. I have only tested it on OS X.

The README also details some caveats that will affect both accuracy and performance.

Note that with this patch applied, the static analyzer will perform worse even when the plug-in is not active, because I had to disable an optimization in SValBuilder::makeSymExprValNN. I also hope to solve this before submitting the patch, but please keep this in mind if you are planning on running benchmarks.

Best,
Ryan