[cfe-dev] Inserting a high level transformation pass that uses TreeTransform

JohnH jan.hoogerbrugge at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 04:32:43 PST 2013

Hi,

I want to do some high level transformations in clang (the compiler not a
clang based tool) where I would like
to use TreeTransform to generate new code. After spending a couple of hours
browsing through
clang's code I still could not find a suitable place to insert my
transformation stuff. Can anybody help me?

I tried to do it in a clang plugin but there CompilerInstance::hasSema()
returns false. It it possible to use
TreeTransform in a plugin?

I would like to do my high level transformation as early as possible in the
compiler so that what the
transformation sees corresponds directly to the input source code.

Regards,
John.