[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] RFC: TileGX, a new backend for Tilera's many core processor

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Fri Mar 1 06:42:18 PST 2013

----- Original Message -----

I think this makes sense; but my impression is that the community will want a clear idea that this will be maintained and improved for the foreseeable future.

> Will you be able to setup a buildbot on this architecture? If so, can
> it be connected to the public system? yes, I guess it's OK to setup
> a tilegx buildbot with connection to public system. I will confirm
> this with the company.
>

> On the patch itself:
>
>  1. There are still a few places where there is commented-out code or
>  #if 0 blocks; these should be removed (or replaced with real
>  comments as appropriate). thanks, I will fix these things.
>

> 2. There are no regression tests -- using the test-suite is obviously
> useful, but targeted regression tests are essential. yes, regression
> tests will be added later.

I don't speak for everybody, but I'm pretty sure that you won't get an okay to commit this upstream without regression tests. We need a good degree of coverage in test/CodeGen/Tile (you can probably look at one of the other more-recent targets, like AArch64, to get an idea of what is required).

 -Hal