[cfe-dev] Trouble Using scan-build in Windows 7

Anton Yartsev anton.yartsev at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 20:09:19 PDT 2013

On 16.06.2013 20:36, Lockhart, Jonathan (lockhaja) wrote:
> Anton and Jordon,
>
> So I got scan-build to fire off, and when I do it does another command
> with perl -S in front of it. Now I did not have perl originally
> install on my machine but since have gone and grabbed a copy of perl
> and installed it. Now when I run the scan-build command I get this error:
>
> C:\Users\lockhaja\llvm\tools\clang\tools\scan-build>perl -S scan-build
> The getpwuid function is unimplemented at scan-build line 35.
>
> Now Patrik on the LLVM list point out this article to me:
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-dev/2010-April/008659.html
>
> I read through it and believe I may be using the ActiveState perl
> which appears not to work with scan-build. This would mean I would
> have to go grab another version. I am curious to know if I would have
> to perform all this changes that were described further in the digest,
> as I am on 7 not XP, and I would feel that the Static Analyzer has
> progressed since 2010 and its building on Windows.
>
> I would be very interested in knowing your set up Anton.
Now I see that it was a good idea to try MinGW first :)
I got the same error "getpwuid function is unimplemented" when tried to
launch scan-build with ActiveState perl. Then I switched to perl from my
MinGW+MSYS installation, and after little changes in scripts scan-build
worked for me. I never tried to launch scan-build with Cygwin.
Clang repository (http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/cfe/trunk) holds the
changes, allowing to use scan-build with MinGW+MSYS, since the revision
180905.

Theoretically all you should do to get scan-build work is:
1) install MinGW+MSYS, get scan-build from
http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/cfe/trunk
2) add the path to scan-build to your PATH environment variable
3) provide --use-analyzer=[Xcode|path to clang] option to scan-build

Here is a random example of how I use scan-build:
for configuring:
scan-build -v -v -v -o "./"
--use-analyzer=F:/llvm_COMMON/-Eclipse_build-/Release+Asserts/bin/clang.exe
../configure DISABLE_ASSERTIONS=1

for making:
scan-build -v -v -v -o "./"
--use-analyzer=F:/llvm_COMMON/-Eclipse_build-/Release+Asserts/bin/clang.exe
make DISABLE_ASSERTIONS=1

-o "./" forces scan-build to put reports to the current folder
DISABLE_ASSERTIONS=1 is a command passed to the configure/make, not
scan-build

Hope that helps.

--
Anton