[cfe-dev] Undeduced auto type in TypeSourceInfo?

Enea Zaffanella zaffanella at cs.unipr.it
Fri Jun 7 05:25:23 PDT 2013

Hello.
We have a doubt regarding occurrences of AutoType in the AST.
Consider the following example:

   auto i = 0;

 From this VarDecl node we can reach two different QualType nodes:
- using getType() we reach a deduced (int) AutoType;
- using getTypeSourceInfo()->getType() we reach an undeduced AutoType.

Is this really meant, or should the deduction process have updated the
TypeSourceInfo field too? If meant, are there other ways to obtain the
deduced type while visiting the type source info component (e.g., using
the RecursiveASTVisitor) ?

Enea.