[cfe-dev] Remove implicitly generated AST nodes by Sema

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 14:04:14 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Pan, Wei <wei.pan at intel.com> wrote:

>  Seemly this function can only remove implicit casts. There are some AST
> nodes, like CXXConstructExpr in the example, which will stick there.

CastExpr::getSubExprAsWritten knows how to look through the constructor
conversions in particular... it's possible that we're missing methods what
you want, though.  A lot of code in clang avoids that sort of thing by just
using a StmtVisitor and just ignoring expressions it doesn't want to handle.

-Eli