[cfe-dev] libc++abi releases?

Matthew Dempsky matthew at dempsky.org
Sun Jun 2 07:16:47 PDT 2013

On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 7:00 AM, "C. Bergström" <cbergstrom at pathscale.com> wrote:
> libcxxrt is probably a lot smaller if that matters to you. It's stable and should be released alongside the compiler.

It is indeed smaller (100kB text and 5kB data libcxxrt.so, vs 450kB
text and 42kB data for libc++abi.so), though that's not much of a
concern to me to be honest.

The bigger win IMO is that I can build libcxxrt with GCC 4.2, which
means I can just import it into base to replace libsupc++.  (By
comparison, libc++abi doesn't like libstdc++'s headers, GCC 4.2.1
can't handle libc++'s headers, and we don't have Clang in base, so I
was needing to build libc++abi out of our ports tree, which means
libstdc++ in base can't link against it.)