[cfe-dev] FW: RFC: YAML as an intermediate format for clang::tooling::Replacement data on disk

Vane, Edwin edwin.vane at intel.com
Wed Jul 31 12:54:11 PDT 2013

How did you envision parallelism being used? Reading files off the disk right now means iterating over the directory structure looking for files. De-duplicating and reporting conflicts, done as part of clang::tooling, would need a rewrite to use a parallel algorithm if this is where you intended parallelism. Then applying the deduplicated replacements would require the Rewriter is thread-safe. This all presumes there would be a large number of change descriptions for a given header. Is this something that happens in your experience? Or am I misunderstanding where you want multi-threading?