[cfe-dev] sin vs floor : clang bug

reed kotler rkotler at mips.com
Mon Jul 29 18:38:39 PDT 2013

On 07/29/2013 06:27 PM, Eli Friedman wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 6:24 PM, reed kotler <rkotler at mips.com> wrote:

>>> The clang "bug" isn't actually a bug; we do this intentionally so
>>> -fmath-errno works.
>>
>> Well, then the llvm half of this is wrong?
>> It's expecting to pass this test for sin and others.
> The LLVM half is also working correctly: we can't treat sin as an
> intrinsic in -fmath-errno mode.  (Try comparing the clang output with
> -fmath-errno and -fno-math-errno.)
>
> -Eli
Gotcha.

In any case, during lower call,
the Args and Rety should be the same and not depend on any of this. For
soft float, they are turning into Int64 in the case of double, for
example. Those values usually just reflect the
actual function signature.

I have a workaround for this issue.

I will need to think about whether I need to do something to handle this
errno case for mips16 fp. I will see how gcc handles this.

Reed