[cfe-dev] How to make clang compile any other language ? I want it to support ACSL (specification language of C).)

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Mon Jul 29 06:15:59 PDT 2013

----- Original Message -----

> Thanks Sir.
> Actually i was opening the Makefile with gedit editor and it was
> adding its own identation to the lines.When I opened it with vim
> editor I got rid of this error.
> But now its not giving any error.It is just entering the test
> directory and leaving it in the next step.
> I have made changes in the tokenKinds.def file and added some more
> keywords. So, i hace to recompile this file.How to do it ?

Run make from the top-level directory; the .def file is included from several other source files, and you need to make sure that they're all rebuilt and everything is relinked appropriately. Running make at the top level should do this.

 -Hal

> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 5:04 PM, Devchandra L Meetei <
> dlmeetei at gmail.com > wrote:
>

> Did you temper the Makefiles ?
>
> Otherwise, try regenerating the Makefiles using the same
> configure(having same command line options)
>

> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 4:58 PM, surbhi singh <
> surbhi.chauhan011 at gmail.com > wrote:
>

> Hi Sir.
> Actually I was trying running make clean to delete all the already
> built objects but its running into an error.
> Makefile.config:257: *** missing separator. Stop
> I dont know how to procced.
> One more thing I want to ask.Do I have to do make clean and then
> followed by make, everytime I do any change in the source code ?
> Thanks
> Surbhi

> --
>

> Warm Regards
> --Dev
> OpenPegasus Developer/Committer
>
> (\__/)
> (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
> (")_(") to help him gain world domination.

Hal Finkel
Assistant Computational Scientist
Leadership Computing Facility
Argonne National Laboratory