[cfe-dev] Libc++ and libc++abi on ubuntu/debian/linux

David Irvine david.irvine at maidsafe.net
Tue Jul 16 10:56:19 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 12:22 PM, David Irvine <david.irvine at maidsafe.net>wrote:

> These are the results of the nightly tests run against clang-3.3:
> export CXXFLAGS=-stdlib=libc++ && sandbox/bin/lnt runtest --submit
> perfdb nt --sandbox sandbox --cc /usr/bin/clang-3.3 --test-suite
> llvm-test-suite -j6

I am not sure what you are testing here, I cannot replicate your lnt
command. The wiki shows that you will be using clang3.4 and then build
against libc++ and libc++abi. I just rebuilt clang etc. to try this out (a
chore now as clang builds on linux seem to fail with cmake due to gtest
issues with MAX_PATH etc.). I have seen this bug in our production code as
well, so a quick hack fixes it (but more issues in release mode requiring
some c header changes, which is a shame).  I will report these if they
continue, but it may be a blip.

I think to test proper you will need to pass -lc++abi as your linker
command if you are compiling.

Does anyone know the best way to test a built clang/libc++abi/libc++
combination without building the whole of llvm/clang again, as the tests
seem to wish to pick up the newly built clang and not allow passing abi
easily (it will be my lack of understanding of the docs).

Thanks

Best Regards
David Irvine