[cfe-dev] Libc++ and libc++abi on ubuntu/debian/linux

David Irvine david.irvine at maidsafe.net
Tue Jul 16 01:01:04 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Ben Pope <benpope81 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you run the tests after doing this?
>
> I can give it a go later, but with libsupc++ and Clang-3.3 I had a lot
> of failures.
>
> Ben

Yes, well there are a few of us using it in the office.

The trick seems to be get libc++ installed before libc++abi and then
re-install libc++ with libc++abi, which is strange. The online examples I
think assume libc++ header are available for building libc++abi which is OK
if you have previously been playing or use a mac.  The whole think should
take 5-10 mins though, so it's easy to test. I suggest using the libc++abi
mode as there are some issues with using libcsupc++ (at least in our
project there are some spurious failures with future and exceptions related
issues, but lbc++abi seems to sort this). I have not suggested fully
hosting clang here as the repo is updated frequently and every few days you
would need to update. Of course removing the repo and self hosting would
not be difficult at all.

Best Regards
David Irvine