[cfe-dev] HELP FOR CLANG

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 20:18:11 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Arpit Sancheti
<arpit.sancheti at iiitdmj.ac.in> wrote:
> Respected Sir/Ma'am
>
> I am a B.tech student of PDPM IIITDM Jabalpur, working under Prof. Amey
> Karkare for the development of clang as our PBI. Our aim is to develop
> Clang such that it support ASCL also, for that purpose I want to know the
> detail working of each file. I was finding the file in which lexical
> analysis is done completely. I have gone through the
> http://clang.llvm.org/doxygen but it does not satisfied me.
> Please help me.
> Thank You
>
> --

Please be more specific about what you're looking for.  Are you trying
to add a new keyword?  Trying to change the definition of what a
"token" is?  Or something else?  Lexer::LexTokenInternal is the core
of clang's lexer, but there's a bunch of other relevant code in
lib/Lex/ and lib/Basic/ .

http://clang.llvm.org/docs/InternalsManual.html might be useful.

Also, I have no idea what "ASCL" refers to.  If you could provide a
link to a language spec, I could give you some general advice.

-Eli