[cfe-dev] Clang 3.3 and libclang_rt.asan_osx_dynamic.dylib not found?

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 22:25:55 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 12:56 AM, Justin Bogner <mail at justinbogner.com> wrote:
> Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail.com> writes:
>> My program is failing to link with -fsantize=address:
>> Any ideas where to find libclang_rt.asan_osx_dynamic.dylib?
>
> You'll need to build compiler-rt for the sanitizers to work. Grab it and
> put it under projects/compiler-rt before the configure/make step
Thanks Justin.

I unpacked compiler-rt-3.3.src.tar.gz into projects and re-ran
configure/make, but that library is still missing:

$ find /usr/local/ -iname libclang_rt.asan_osx_dynamic.dylib
$

Does the makefile do the right thing? Or do I need to take more
special steps (does compiler-rt-3.3.src need to be renamed)?

$ pwd
/Users/jwalton/clang-llvm/llvm-3.3.src
$ ls projects/
CMakeLists.txt		Makefile		sample
LLVMBuild.txt		compiler-rt-3.3.src

Jeff

wget http://llvm.org/releases/3.3/llvm-3.3.src.tar.gz
wget http://llvm.org/releases/3.3/cfe-3.3.src.tar.gz
wget http://llvm.org/releases/3.3/compiler-rt-3.3.src.tar.gz
tar xvf llvm-3.3.src.tar.gz
cd llvm-3.3.src/tools
tar xvf ../../cfe-3.3.src.tar.gz
mv cfe-3.3.src clang
cd ..
cd projects
tar xvf ../../compiler-rt-3.3.src.tar.gz
cd ..
./configure --enable-optimized --prefix=/usr/local
make -j4
sudo make install