[cfe-dev] C++/CLI Clang (Was: Is there a tool that restores a previously saved AST?)

Daniel Albuschat d.albuschat at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 03:37:12 PDT 2013

2013/7/9 João Matos <ripzonetriton at gmail.com>

> I've done this in a C++/CLI Clang implementation I've been working on. It
> generates AST nodes directly from .NET types read from assemblies. I would
> not say it was extremely complicated, but definitely tricky. There are a
> lot of things that are not obvious and you will only find out about them
> when the code crashes inside Clang internals, but if you're not afraid of
> debugging it's pretty doable.
>
> In case anyone is interested to look at the code:
> https://github.com/tritao/clang/blob/master/lib/Sema/SemaCLI.cpp

That sounds quite interesting, as I want to enable that programming
language to call into .NET code. As I can see from your posted SemaCLI.cpp,
you seem to be using Mono for it. Is Mono a strong requirement, or is
possible to use it with Microsoft 's.NET implementation? Also, what other
third party dependencies does your project require?

Greetings,

Daniel Albuschat

(P.S.: Is answering to the author of a message and cc'ing clang-dev OK in
this group, or should I remove the receipient and put clang-dev into "to:"?)