[cfe-dev] Code coverage on clang

Nick Lewycky nlewycky at google.com
Mon Jul 8 13:44:26 PDT 2013

On 8 July 2013 00:24, mbm_kalpesh <mbm_kalpesh at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hi,
> I know how to use GCOV and LCOV to get code coverage on GCC.
> But This time i need to use clang and get instrumented binaries and code
> coverage.
>
> Please help (not able to find much info yet). Tried using -fprofile-arcs
> and
> -ftest-coverage. code is compiling fine but giving link errors.

The profiling library in gcc is called "libgcov", but clang has its own
named "libprofile_rt" and you need to link against that. The --coverage
flag implies -lprofile_rt when linking, or you can pass -lprofile_rt
yourself.

The code for libprofile_rt is part of compiler-rt:
http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/compiler-rt/trunk/lib/profile/ . If you
don't have libprofile_rt, you'll need to build it.

Nick