[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] llvm (hence Clang) not compiling withVisual Studio 2008

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 01:02:41 PDT 2013

> There is some historical precedence for fixing the problem with VS
> lower_bound by changing the LLVM source - when I first got LLVM to compile
> with Visual Studio, patches for unsymmetric operator < were accepted into
> the LLVM repo, and I believe it's been done several times after that as
> well.

In the C++11 discussion back in January
(http://llvm.1065342.n5.nabble.com/Using-C-11-language-features-in-LLVM-itself-td53319.html)
there seemed to be some kind of consensus for 2010 being a reasonable
minimum. Perhaps this is a good time to break compatibility
officially.

Actually, whatever did happen to using C++11? No-one mentioned
anything about it after that thread.

Tim.