[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] [CFA] Target Specific Tests

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 03:18:59 PST 2013

Hi Renato,

> Would be good to have some buildbots doing cross-compilation for each of our
> targets,

That would certainly be good.

> but also those interested on their tests passing (Clang, Debug
> info, MCJIT folks, etc) should also probably run them locally on their
> machines and try to move their tests to the best category they think it
> makes sense.

I'm assuming you mean run any test you're creating on a selection of
triples to make sure it's OK here, rather than rebuilding umpteen
times with just one target enabled.

It's a little ad-hoc, and edging towards onerous, but would improve matters.

I wonder if some option to llvm-lit that runs tests multiple times
over different targets could be useful? It could give a better sense
of safety over existing tests as well as new ones during development.

Cheers.

Tim.