[cfe-dev] __builtin in clang?

Mohammad Adil madil90 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 08:36:59 PST 2013

Hi,
   I will take a look at tooling. But since I have already done a lot of
work this way and might need to use clang again for a while, I thought it
would be best if I knew as much as possible. Is it not possible to make it
work this way?

P.S. The new documentation site looks great.

Regards,
Adil

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 9:09 PM, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 3:31 AM, madil90 <madil90 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   I am writing a rewriting program. In order to search for appropriate
> paths
> > (default c++ paths), I added headersearchoptions to the preprocessor and
> > included all the default include paths clang++ uses.
>
> Since you'll need to reproduce exactly how the source to your project
> was compiled at some point anyway, you might want to consider using
> the Tooling infrastructure ( http://clang.llvm.org/docs/Tooling.html )
> which should simplify this task/make it easy for your rewriter to
> correctly analyze the target source code.
>
> > I am able to find all
> > types. The only error that is occurring is when the program encounters
> > functions similar to "__builtin_expect". It is unable to find these
> > functions in any files. Some more examples of similar functions are
> > "__builtin_alloca" and "__builtin_strcmp". Does clang support these
> > functions? If yes, where are their definitions located?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Adil
> >

> > --

Mohammad Adil