[cfe-dev] Using a checker plugin in Xcode

Anna Zaks ganna at apple.com
Wed Jan 16 17:49:49 PST 2013

On Jan 16, 2013, at 1:37 PM, Neil Cowburn <neilco at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm writing a suite of checkers that I'd like to wrap as a checker plugin that I can then distribute to my team with a custom Xcode template to load and execute the checkers when the analyzer is run. However, I cannot find any information of the project settings I'd need to configure to get the analyzer to load my plugin. Is this possible? If so, how would I go about it?

Unfortunately, checker plugins is an experimental feature, they are not supported. Furthermore, there is currently no way to use them with the compiler shipped with Xcode.

I would suggest building your own clang, extended with the checkers, and use the set-xcode-analyzer script to point Xcode to your own clang for analyzes. (http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/xcode.html)

Cheers,
Anna.