[cfe-dev] Problem when configuring llvm and clang

Matthieu Monrocq matthieu.monrocq at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 10:43:49 PST 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Pedro Delgado Perez <
pedro.delgadoperez at mail.uca.es> wrote:

>  I'm following http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html and i have a
> problem in the step 6. Build llvm and clang.
>
> When I run ../llvm/configure
>
> I got the next error:
>
> *> configure: error: Selected compiler could not find or parse C++
> standard library headers.  Rerun > with CC=c-compiler CXX=c++-compiler
> ./configure ...*
>
> I was looking for information and came across with these two threads:
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-dev/2011-August/016464.html
> and
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2011-October/044841.html
>
> If I do
> $which clang++
> /usr/bin/clang++
>
> And
> $g++ --version
> g++ (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) 4.6.3
> $which g++-4.6
> /usr/bin/g++-4.6
>
> So i rerun
> ../llvm/configure CXX="/usr/bin"

I always thought CC and CXX needed to point at the compiler *directly*, and
not just the path the compiler sits in (especially when there are several
compilers sitting there).

So I would say CC="/usr/bin/clang" and CXX="/usr/bin/clang++"

-- Matthieu