[cfe-dev] Struct parameters being converted to other types

Jaymie Strecker jstrecker at kosada.com
Tue Jan 15 09:36:22 PST 2013

On Jan 15, 2013, at 10:54 AM, Tim Northover wrote:
> If you really don't care about that, your best option would probably
> be to implement an intentionally simpler ABI in Clang. This is all
> decided for the various targets in lib/CodeGen/TargetInfo.cpp. Beware
> that the LLVM backend may not be expecting this "simpler" system, so
> you could encounter more errors there. And you'd almost certainly
> break variadic functions, if they matter to you.

Thanks for the suggestion, Tim. I got a little better sense of what is going on by looking at lib/CodeGen/TargetInfo.cpp and lib/CodeGen/CodeGenTypes.cpp.

Is there any documentation on implementing an ABI? Would an ABI have to be implemented for each supported OS / architecture? I'm trying to estimate how long this would take.

---
Jaymie Strecker
jstrecker at kosada.com