[cfe-dev] LLVM-Gold-Plugin

Behrooz Shafiee shafiee01 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 08:29:07 PST 2013

Hi All,

During compiling libdawrd and binutils(readelf) using LLVM, I encountered
several linking errors. Unfortunately, their configure scripst does not
have many useful options. I googled the problem and I came to the
conclusion that it's better to use LLVM gold Plugin which handles the
linking process just like ld for gcc.
I compiled it but it seems there is an incompatibility with LLVM2.9 and I
get this error when invoke the plugin:

$ ld -plugin /usr/lib/bfd-plugins/LLVMgold.so ==>
ld: error: /usr/lib/bfd-plugins/LLVMgold.so: could not load plugin library:
/usr/lib/bfd-plugins/LLVMgold.so: undefined symbol: lto_codegen_set_cpu

Do you know what's wrong with it?

Thanks,

--
Behrooz Shafiee Sarjaz,