[cfe-dev] can we know if an array definition has an explicit size ??

Sean Silva silvas at purdue.edu
Sun Jan 6 01:36:51 PST 2013

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 3:59 AM, kevinlynx <kevinlynx at gmail.com> wrote:
> On the other hand, can you explan what a `TypeSourceInfo` is ?  I check out
> the class comments, but still don't get the meaning. And what a `canonical`
> is ? Thanks a lot.

Yes, the name is pretty confusing. Basically, it is "extra
information" about a type which doesn't factor into the core type
checking code. E.g.,

char arr[4 + 4];

and

char arr2[8];

are the same type (Type) to the compiler, but there is a distinction
that you can recover by looking at the TypeSourceInfo.

-- Sean Silva