[cfe-dev] Clang Tooling: Run multiple tools with different args

Mohammad Adil madil90 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 04:26:35 PST 2013

To parse the command line arguments myself, I used some code from the
CommonOptionsParsers constrcutor. I don't understand the sourcePaths
population though. How is this list used and how is this populated? I
searched through the LLVM source code and found no usage of sourcePaths
anywhere? Can you provide a little more detail on how llvm command line
parser and the clang parser (options after "--") work?

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Manuel Klimek <klimek at google.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 5:34 PM, madil90 <madil90 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>    I have to run multiple tools in the same code using different set of
>> arguments for each (different source files). Seperately both tools work
>> fine. But when I run them both, the source path list in the second tool
>> contains all the source paths passed to the first tool too. How can I
>> clear
>> the source path list? e.g.
>>
>> CommonOptionsParser parser(size,Args);
>> ClangTool tool(parser.getCompilations(),parser.getSourcePathList());   //
>> source is test.cpp
>>
>> CommonOptionsParser parser1(size1,Args1);
>> ClangTool tool2(parser1.getCompilations(),parser.getSourcePathList());
>> // source is test.cpp and test1.cpp in the above while Args1 contain only
>> test1.cpp
>>
>>     Is there a way to reset the whole toolig structure and run a
>> completely
>> new tool on a new set of arguments in the same code? (I don't wanna make 4
>> tools and run them seperately).
>>

> Yes, don't use CommonOptionsParser. It is mainly a convenience class to
> make writing tools easy. If you want two tools with two different argument
> lists, parse them yourself and hand them to the ClangTool constructors...
>
> Cheers,
> /Manuel
>

>> Regards,
>> Adil