[cfe-dev] Adding -add-override functionality to cpp11-migrate tool

Vane, Edwin edwin.vane at intel.com
Mon Feb 4 12:27:02 PST 2013

What we've done with testing so far is if the input file has C++11 features in it then the command line parameters you provide to the tool (either by the compile_commands.json file or after the -- on the command line) should include the -std=c++11 flag. Basically, however you compile the input code with clang normally should be identical to how you use the tool.

That said, the final syntax check does get run with -std=c++11 added.

Gribozavr wrote:
> 2. I'm seeing a warning from the cpp11-migrate tool because C++11 is
> not enabled in the compiler options during the initial parsing of the
> source. I think that C++11 should be enabled as I expect this tool to
> be used on code that has already been partly migrated to C++11. I
> would also expect that this issue will arise as people run the
> migration tool with multiple refactoring tool options.

I agree.  Input file should compile as C++11 cleanly.