[cfe-dev] Keyword warnings in libc++'s type_traits and other headers

Alp Toker alp at nuanti.com
Tue Dec 24 21:32:24 PST 2013

On 24/12/2013 21:33, Howard Hinnant wrote:
> I recommend we take a couple days off and come back ready to negotiate in good faith a solution to this specific problem.  Personally I would like to learn just how much out of date:
>
> http://clang.llvm.org/docs/LanguageExtensions.html#checks-for-type-traits
>
> is, and see it brought up to date.  The lack of documentation, and the inability to check for these intrinsics has me feeling a bit blind.

Hi Howard,

Your mail is spot on.

Of the 54 current clang trait primitives only 25 have feature checks and
a paltry 23 get any mention in the documentation.

Regardless of the merits of each primitive we can certainly do better
than that. I'll throw together some early documentation and
__has_feature() support and propose them on the list as I get a chance
over the holiday period.

Like you say this is a slow burner of an issue with no immediate action
required but one we can start to address today with more transparency.

Cheers,
Alp.

--
http://www.nuanti.com