[cfe-dev] Module Questions

Dean Sutherland dsutherland at cert.org
Sun Dec 22 12:21:42 PST 2013

I have a few more questions about Modules that I forgot to ask in my last message:

Can a header be part of the specification of more than one module? What I’ve read seems to indicate that a header could be part of both a sub-module and of its parent module(s).  But what about otherwise unrelated modules?

Similarly, have you seen translation units that would reasonably be considered to be part of the implementation of multiple modules? If so, are those modules parent-child, or completely unrelated?

If you’ve seen either of the above cases, are they common or unusual?

Dean