[cfe-dev] OpenCL C

Pekka Jääskeläinen pekka.jaaskelainen at tut.fi
Tue Dec 17 08:32:40 PST 2013

On 12/17/2013 06:11 PM, Renato Golin wrote:
> Having a code owner is paramount to that, as Pekka said. But there is
> something even more important: continuous integration. You must have a
> reference platform, a good battery of tests, running continuously on
> every commit (ish) to make sure no one breaks anything, etc. Buildbots,
> test-suites, benchmarks. You need open source libraries, so that all
> that can happen upstream, and you need interested people fixing bugs,
> adding features, etc.

We have these things in pocl.

Isee the language support for OpenCL C and the OpenCL as a whole
(built-in libs, the host API, kernel compiler for non SPMD machines,...)
are two separate things.

I was referring to the OpenCL C language support here.

> I haven't seen this much from the OpenCL folks, and "requesting" it to
> be listed as "supported" is not enough. Where there's a will, there's a
> way... ;)

Agreed. I think this progress requires a "code owner" that cares.

--
--Pekka