[cfe-dev] LLVM 3.4 Branch Freeze

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Thu Dec 12 23:08:28 PST 2013

On 12/13/13 01:58 PM, Bill Wendling wrote:
> That’s a long laundry list of bugs there. It would be great to have them fixed, but the reality of the situation is that they won’t be fixed for weeks or more, if at all. And with Christmas coming up, it makes things even worse. There are a few days before Phase III starts to have some progress on them. But if they don’t make it, then we’ll have to release without them.
How is the release schedule and blockers decided - is there a policy? As 
an open source project it seems sorta weird (to me) that rushing a 
release is more important than "getting it right" - granted if it's 
unlikely any fix date I can totally see your point..
(bw - You do an awesome job of being release manager and please don't 
take this as a critique - just curious)

More information about the cfe-dev mailing list