[cfe-dev] [libcxxabi] Contributing ARM EHABI support for libcxxabi

David Fang fang at csl.cornell.edu
Wed Dec 4 15:17:34 PST 2013

> Regarding the build system, I think it brings up the bigger issue of
> what sort of build system we want for libcxxabi.  The script is a quick
> way to get building.  But, it is not how Apple actual builds the
> shipping libunwind (which is a local xcode project).  What sort of build
> system would others like?

My $.02: Any build system will do, as long as there's are hooks to build
the library using any compiler (e.g. pre-installed, clang++), install
anywhere, and any link to any location of libc++, since the tests depend
on a built libc++, not necesarily the system's.  (libc++'s CMakefiles have
a few hard-coded references to /usr/lib)

Here's my local Makefile I use to build libcxxabi:
https://github.com/fangism/libcxxabi/blob/powerpc-darwin8/lib/Makefile.darwin

and to test libcxxabi:
https://github.com/fangism/libcxxabi/blob/powerpc-darwin8/test/Makefile

I don't mind if libcxxabi has its own standalone build/Makefile, separate
from LLVM's, since I plan to use it into a custom bootstrap flow.
</$.02>

David

--
David Fang