[cfe-dev] [Windows] __uuidof support?

Fredrik Orderud forderud at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 05:14:09 PST 2013

It seems like there is no support for the "__uuidof" operator in clang.
This operator is heavily used in conjunction to COM on Windows.

Attempting to build a small Direct3D example code (attached) with "clang -v
test.cpp -o test.exe" yields the following error:
---
test.cpp:8:37: error: cannot yet mangle expression type CXXUuidofExpr
_COM_SMARTPTR_TYPEDEF(ID3D10Device, __uuidof(ID3D10Device));
                                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0\VC\INCLUDE\comdef.h:296:60:
note:
      expanded from macro '_COM_SMARTPTR_TYPEDEF'
    typedef _COM_SMARTPTR<_COM_SMARTPTR_LEVEL2<Interface, &IID> > \
                                                           ^
---
Clang was built from trunk yesterday.

Can anyone tell me if there are any plans to implement "__uuidof" support
in the near future? If not, should I register an Bugzilla issue on the
problem?

Thanks in advance,
Fredrik Orderud