[cfe-dev] [libcxxabi] Contributing ARM EHABI support for libcxxabi

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Wed Dec 4 02:00:57 PST 2013

On 3 December 2013 22:32, Nico Weber <thakis at chromium.org> wrote:
> 1.) Is there interest for this upstream?

Yes!

> 2.) Who should review this? Howard? Nick? Anton?

Anton did a lot of work in it, would be good to get his reviews. I'd
also like to be copied.

> 3.) r192136 didn’t add any test – how should testing of unwinding code work?
> Is running the exception tests in the libc++ suite enough?

Exception handling testing is not easy. The test-suite has some
regression testing on EH, which is currently disabled for ARM because
it didn't work at all, at a compiler level, not just libraries.

Adding minimal testing at a library level (kind of unit testing in
assembly) shouldn't be too hard. But to make sure it interoperates
well with LLVM, I'd run the EH part of the test-suite, it's quite
quick and reasonably comprehensive.

The rationale is that, if those regression tests pass, we're further
than we have even been. I'll be able to turn them on again on our
test-suite bot and we'll know we won't regress on them for the future.
Feel free to add new EH tests to the bundle, too, as you'll probably
find cases not predicted there.

cheers,
--renato