[cfe-dev] [Static Analyzer] Performing analysis on the specified functions

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Mon Dec 2 11:47:31 PST 2013

By default, the static analyzer treats all functions declared in the main source file as possible entry points, then removes those that get called from another function being analyzed. That should include constructors and other member functions. There's a scan-build option (whose name escapes me right now) to also analyze functions declared in header files, and there's a secret (-cc1) option -analyze-function=NAME that only analyzes decls with a matching name. (I'm not sure if that works for constructors.)

To Philip's point, being able to specify explicit entry points does seem reasonable; a patch to specify this in scan-build and thread it through to AnalysisConsumer would probably be accepted. Specifically, check out getModeForDecl.

Jordan