[cfe-dev] A Microblaze bug.

Richard Pennington rich at pennware.com
Fri Aug 30 14:24:28 PDT 2013

It has been a long time since I've been able to actually work with LLVM.
It's good to be back.

I know that the Microblaze code generator has been dropped due to the
lack of a maintainer. I'm keeping it around in my source tree and will
try to keep it current until it can be brought back into the LLVM fold.

I finally tracked down a problem that has been bugging me for a while
with the Microblaze version of the bzip2 program failing to allocate
memory properly. It turns out to be a code generator problem.

Here is the investigation that led to finding the problem:
http://ellcc.org/blog/?p=170

It is kind of cool to show what you can do with limited debugging resources.

I'll do a follow up post after I fix the bug in the code generator.

-Rich