[cfe-dev] Analyzer messages output

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Thu Aug 22 17:03:43 PDT 2013

Hi, fiveight. Currently, we don't have any such plan. It's not infeasible, but it means the set of diagnostic messages the analyzer can emit is fixed at compile time. There's no inherent downside to that (other than having to recompile much more of Clang when the set of analyzer diagnostics and path notes changes), but it does make it harder for people to write analyzer plugins that introduce new checkers and new diagnostics. I can't see a practical benefit to changing over right now.

(The analyzer plugin mechanism isn't so actively maintained, but I know there are at least a couple people/companies using it for their own internal purposes.)

Jordan