[cfe-dev] GSoC project ideas

Guillaume Papin guillaume.papin at epitech.eu
Mon Apr 29 14:36:31 PDT 2013

Comments below,

Marshall Clow <mclow.lists at gmail.com> writes:

> On Apr 29, 2013, at 7:16 AM, "Vane, Edwin" <edwin.vane at intel.com> wrote:
>
>>> 8 Generate a diff of the changes
>>> =================================
>>>
>>>   Add an option to print a diff of the modifications against the
>>>   original source file.
>>>

>> Could be useful as a kind of 'dry-run' mode where changes are not actually made but one could find out how many and what sort of changes were made.
>
> I'd rate this as low priority.
> There are lots of diffing programs out there. git/svn/hg/whatever your source control system is will do this for you.

Thank you! Your comment has been addressed in my update of the tasks.

> Of course, (since it was my idea), I'd like to suggest the "tr1 killer" as a project.  ;-)
> 	http://clang.llvm.org/docs/ClangTools.html#ideas-for-new-tools

As explained in my update, I understand the benefits of such transform but I'm
a bit uncertain about what it implies.

Is it possible to just "drop" every reference to 'tr1' or the work has to be
done on a case-by-case basis for each addition to the STL?

--
Guillaume Papin