[cfe-dev] GSoC Proposal: Improve Windows Support

João Matos ripzonetriton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 04:59:58 PDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM, endlessroad1991 at gmail.com <
endlessroad1991 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, my bad. The name mangling suddenly works now. Didn't figure out
> what went wrong.
>
> About making Microsoft ABI default, since Microsoft ABI support has not
> matured yet, maybe we can hold back for a while...

When targeting the MSVC runtime, even if the MS ABI is not mature, it's
getting better and some stuff will actually work, unlike the current
defaults (Itanium manglings) which will never work.

I attached the MSVC 2012 preprocessor patch. Look into r163022 (it was
reverted later) email thread to get some test cases.

--
João Matos