[cfe-dev] clang libTooling instructions say that cmake is required to build the tools and clang?

Peeter Joot peeter.joot at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 19:34:14 PDT 2013

I've built and installed clang, but did so in the "typical" unix way:

mkdir build
cd build
../llvm/configure --prefix=...
make
make install

The libtooling instructions here say that to use libtooling, you have to
build clang using CMake:

http://clang.llvm.org/docs/HowToSetupToolingForLLVM.html

However, it appears all the libtooling stuff is already build by the make
that I've invoked, so I wouldn't think that I have to re-build clang a
second time to use libtooling.

Is the cmake dependency for clang tools just the requirement to generate
this compilation database (this .json file).  If so, wouldn't the
requirement be to do this for the project code that I want to run the tools
on, not the clang or llvm build tree itself?

--
Peeter