[cfe-dev] Expr walk up? Looking for Enum name not value?

Gábor Kozár kozargabor at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 16:16:35 PDT 2013

Hi,

If I understand your problem correctly, what you need is to look for
typecasts (e.g. ImplicitCast) where the source type is an enum. I actually
do not know how enum values appear in the AST, i.e. whether they are
expanded to their values, but I'm assuming that they are not: in this case
the typecast AST node probably has an EnumConstantDecl as a child
(somewhere below an Expr), which you should be able to find without too
much of an issue, and it will give you the information you need. Try
dumping some example code (using enums) AST to figure out what is it you
exactly need to do.

Also consult the documentation for EnumDecl and EnumConstantDecl types:
http://clang.llvm.org/doxygen/classclang_1_1EnumDecl.html
http://clang.llvm.org/doxygen/classclang_1_1EnumConstantDecl.html

Hope this helps!

Gabor