[cfe-dev] Clang on SL5

Dmitri Shubin sbn at tbricks.com
Tue Apr 16 01:10:13 PDT 2013

Hi Miguel,

On 04/15/13 18:31, Miguel Aguilar wrote:
> I just want to confirm if there is any known issue about using clang
> on SL5. Specially regarding the headers.

I assume that SL5 is Scientific Linux 5, compatible with RHEL/CentOS 5

We're using clang 3.2 on CentOS 5, it builds fine with stock GCC 4.1.2,
and is able to build itself after adding '-fgnu89-inline' to CFLAGS

However, we had to build GDB 7.5.1 to debug clang-compiled binaries,
stock one gives the following error:

Dwarf Error: Cannot handle DW_FORM_flag_present in DWARF reader

Hope this helps.