[cfe-dev] llvm and clang: trying to "cmake" a "Visual Studio 10"

Nikola Smiljanic popizdeh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 14:27:03 PDT 2013

OK that is strange. And what happens if you call cl from your command
prompt?

I also noticed that you're using the same directory for source and build,
this shouldn't make a difference but we generally build out of tree so the
command should look like:

M:\BuildDirectory> "F:\Program Files\CMake 2.8\bin\cmake" -G "Visual Studio
10" ../CheckoutLLVM

Mingw should also work, just generate the makefiles and you should be ready
to go. There were some problems with the 4.7 release, I'm not sure if that
was fixed but 4.6.2 used to work just fine.