[cfe-dev] llvm and clang: trying to "cmake" a "Visual Studio 10"

Andre Mikulec andre_mikulec at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 4 10:47:59 PDT 2013

All,

I posted this to the 'users list' but I have not recevied a response, so I decided to re-post here.

------

HI,
I AM USING CMAKE TO TRY TO GENERATE MY
CMAKE CMakeFiles FOLDER AND CMakeCache.txt FILE.

I AM RUNNING THE FOLLOWING COMMAND.

M:\YDrive\All_Economics\eclipse_workspace\CheckoutLLVM\llvm>
  "F:\Program Files\CMake 2.8\bin\cmake" -G "Visual Studio 10"
     M:\YDrive\All_Economics\eclipse_workspace\CheckoutLLVM\llvm

HERE ARE MY RETURNED MESSAGES.

The C compiler identification is unknown
The CXX compiler identification is unknown
Looking for argz.h
CMake Error at F:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeCInformation.cmake:37 (get_filename_component):
  get_filename_component called with incorrect number of arguments
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:3 (PROJECT)

CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake failed
Looking for argz.h - not found
Looking for assert.h
CMake Error at F:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeCInformation.cmake:37 (get_filename_component):
  get_filename_component called with incorrect number of arguments
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:3 (PROJECT)
... LONG OUTPUT ...
Make Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake failed
Performing Test SUPPORTS_NO_VARIADIC_MACROS_FLAG - Failed
CMake Error at cmake/modules/GetHostTriple.cmake:24 (message):
  Failed to execute
  M:/YDrive/All_Economics/eclipse_workspace/CheckoutLLVM/llvm/autoconf/config.guess
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/config-ix.cmake:336 (get_host_triple)
  CMakeLists.txt:243 (include)

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

PLEASE HELP.
THANK YOU,
ANDRE MIKULEC
ANDRE_MIKULEC at HOTMAIL.COM