[cfe-dev] Adopting libc++, hitting problems on Mac OS X

Dallman, John john.dallman at siemens.com
Fri Sep 28 03:32:54 PDT 2012

I'm trying to switch the products I work on, which are already built with Clang
on Mac OS X, to libc++. But there's a problem. If you use the Framework on Mac
OS X, you have a dependency on:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices

That depends on:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CFNetwork.framework/Versions/A/CFNetwork

and that depends on

/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib

As best I understand it, you can't use both libc++ and libstdc++ in the same
process. But you can't avoid using libstdc++ if you use the Framework, as far
as I can see. This is on Mac OS X 10.8.

Am I missing something, or should I be giving Apple a bug report against
the OS as a whole?

thanks,

--
John Dallman