[cfe-dev] New Matchers

Daniel Jasper djasper at google.com
Tue Sep 18 06:26:09 PDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Gábor Horváth <xazax.hun at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Thanks for your review. I readjusted my diff, and sliced it to 4 parts
> (however I did it manually, so there may be problems when one wants to
> apply them automatically, if there is a better way to slice diffs, please
> let me know).

As discussed on IRC, I think using git (git-svn) is a very good option to
juggle multiple LLVM/Clang changes.

The expr()s are necessary, because those matchers are implemented via
> VariadicDynCastAllOfMatcher, where the SourceT is Expr. I implemented it
> that way, because I mimiced the existing implementations, for example the
> reinterpret_cast matcher (probably it was implemented that way to increase
> type safety?).

I have just changed that everywhere else. It was there for historic reasons
and does not really provide additional type-safety.

I will explore http://llvm-reviews.chandlerc.com/ later, thanks for letting
> me know.
>
> Gábor

Cheers,