[cfe-dev] Compiling Linux kernel with Clang

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 20:16:05 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to compile linux kernel HEAD with clang HEAD and I have
compilation errors that you can see below. But I've heard that someone
works on clang+kernel integration. Could anyone point me to project
page where I can find more information about its status, patches for
linux kernel etc...

=====ERROR=====
In file included from kernel/bounds.c:9:
In file included from include/linux/page-flags.h:9:
In file included from include/linux/bug.h:4:
In file included from linux/arch/x86/include/asm/bug.h:38:
In file included from include/asm-generic/bug.h:13:
In file included from include/linux/kernel.h:19:
In file included from include/linux/bitops.h:22:
linux/arch/x86/include/asm/bitops.h:423:23: error: unsupported inline
asm: input with type 'long' matching output with type 'int'
            : "rm" (x), "0" (tmp));
                             ^~~
linux/arch/x86/include/asm/bitops.h:465:23: error: unsupported inline
asm: input with type 'long' matching output with type 'int'
            : "rm" (x), "0" (tmp));
                             ^~~
1 warning and 2 errors generated.